February 8, 2010

Parmesan Crusted Chicken

I love The Pioneer Woman! I love The Pioneer Woman's recipes! Most of all I love The Pioneer Woman's Parmesan Crusted Chicken. It is to die for!! But...I must say it is NOT light on the calories! You might as well take a helping and slap it right on your thighs! I tried to find it posted on her site but I couldn't so here's my tweaked version...
Oh and...it's for our crew of 10 for two meals (I love leftovers! And this chicken is great in sandwiches the next day!)...you might want to cut the recipe in half or thirds! Or if you have BigOven  it'll do that for you!

Parmesan Crusted Chicken

12 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 1/2 cups Mayonnaise
3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese (I'm cheap so I used Kraft from the can -- got it nearly free with sale and coupons!)
4 Roma tomatoes seeded and chopped
1 T Italian herbs
1 T basil
1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper

Crumbs:
2/3 tube of butter crackers, crushed into little bitty bits! (the rectangular kind that are mouthwatering good...yummy butter goodness!)
3 T Parmesan cheese
1 1/2 tsp. oregano
1 tsp. garlic salt

The goal to cooking the chicken right is to have them the same size. You will want to cut each chicken breast into at least 3 separate equal sized pieces. Cut them on a slant not in three chunks...you want it to look pretty! :)

Place the chicken in 2 -- 9x13 baking dishes. In a bowl combine mayonnaise, parm. cheese, roma tomatoes, Italian herbs, basil, and cayenne pepper. Spread the mixture over the top of the chicken.

Mix the crumb ingredients and sprinkle over the chicken. Place in a pre-heated 425 degree oven and bake for 25-35 minutes until cooked through.


P.S. She has a cookbook out! (Check out the Amazon link in my side bar.)

1 comment:

T. Pierce said...

Sounds delicious! It is on our menu...
www.sweetteaandarockingchair.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...