May 18, 2010

Kitchen Tip Tuesday: Napkins

This may seem simple to some of you. To others it may be a "Why didn't I think of that?" moment. Instead of spending money on paper napkins or buying expensive napkins and having to feel like they need to be ironed to look pretty, I buy multi-packs of inexpensive washcloths. I keep them in a big basket on the baker's rack in the dining room. They get laundered right along with the kitchen towels and hand towels. When they get really used and abused looking they get designated to the rag basket for heavy duty cleaning chores. Now, I do have to tell you that when we have company we use paper napkins, so I keep a pack in the pantry. I don't want company to feel uncomfortable because they are using washcloths at the dinner table. ; ) There's my little kitchen tip from me to you!

*Picture from CountryPorch.com (one of my favorite kitchen linen supply websites!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice tip! We actually started doing the same thing earlier this year. We were walking through IKEA and saw inexpensive but decent looking white cloths and the proverbial lightbulb went off. It was an odd adjustment but has turned out to be a nice--and money saving--change.--Dan M

Laura said...

That's a really great idea!

((Hugs)
Laura

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...