May 12, 2010

Simple Roast

I stumbled across a really inexpensive beef roast at the store yesterday morning. What kind? I forget. I can't keep round, sirloin, rump, or whatever straight. It's beef and they eat it. : ) So I decided to cook a roast this afternoon instead of what was on the menu (again). I got it home, sprinkled it with pepper and onion powder and seared it on both sides in the fry pan for a bit. Then I transferred it to a baking dish and poured over a half bottle of Kraft Sun-Ripened Tomato Vinaigrette salad dressing. I figured it's got tomatoes and oil and vinegar so it'd have to work, right? I baked it (covered with aluminum foil) at 350 degrees for about 3 hours and then 250 for about an hour or so. Let me tell you that it was heavenly!! It had a slight tangy flavor and the vinegar from the dressing was a great meat tenderizer. Mmm mmm good!! Give it a try next time!

Do you have something that you stumbled upon and would like to share?? Please leave a comment!


*artwork from artcountrycanada.com

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...