March 15, 2010

Poke Cake

Since spring is just around the corner I thought I'd share with you one of our favorite spring desserts. It's a common one but like I've said before I'm entering all our favorite recipes into my BigOven program so this one goes in, too. Have you checked out the links to BigOven? The link is on my side bard over to the right.

Poke Cake

1 package white cake mix
water, vegetable oil and egg whites as called for on cake mix package
1 package (4-serving size) strawberry, or raspberry-flavored Jello (you can use lime or orange...any flavor, really)
1 cup boiling water
1/2 cup cold water
1 container (8 ounces) Cool Whip
fresh berries or fruit as a garnish

Preheat oven at 350 degrees. make and bake cake as directed on package for 13x9 pan. Cool completely, about 1 hour.

Poke cake all over with a fork. Stir Jello and boiling water in a small bowl until smooth; stir in cold water. Ladle it over the cake. Refrigerate 2 hours. Frost with Cool Whip; garnish with fruit. Store covered in refrigerator.

Enjoy!

*photo from Kraft

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...