September 7, 2010

Spiced Chai

psst...I know this is supposed to be Kitchen Tip Tuesday but I wanted to share this recipe with you all soooo badly that you'll forgive me, right?

I love chai!  L.O.V.E. it!!  I drink at least a cup a day.  This recipe is super simple and very affordable!

I need to give my friend Jenny props here for sharing this awesome recipe with me!  Hi Jenny! Thank you!! 
*me waving profusely*

Enjoy!

Spiced Chai

1 cup nonfat dry milk powder
1 cup powdered non-dairy creamer
1 cup French Vanilla non-dairy creamer
2-1/2 cups sugar
1-1/2 cups unsweetened instant tea granules
1 t. ground ginger
1 t. ground cinnamon
1/2 t. each: ground cloves, cardamom, nutmeg, allspice
1/8 t. white pepper

Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. Blend the mixture, in small batches, in a food processor until the consistency of fine powder. Store in an air tight jar. Stir 4 heaping teaspoons into a mug of hot milk to serve.  Enjoy!  Mmm mmm...yummy!

**PURCHASE SPICED CHAI MIX OVER AT THE MERCANTILE  HERE

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you found an economical way to purchase all of these ingredients..... such as buying in bulk, etc?

Luella :)

Carmen at Old House Homestead said...

I buy the cheapest per-ounce container that I can and when they are on sale. I mostly get my supplies at Meijer.

Amy said...

A friend turned me on to spices in bulk (usually at health food stores). Generally you can get way better prices!! Plus, you can buy as little or as much as you need. Good for unusual spices that you might not use before they loose potency. :)
Amy

Carmen at Old House Homestead said...

Great idea, Amy. Our only local bulk store (with out going way into town) is an Amish store that carries a lot of bulk items. They can be kind of pricey. I know there's another bulk store about an hour north of us that I'd like to give a look see this spring.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...